Friday, March 11, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow surprised by sorry Englishmen

11 March 2011

Coldplay roadie Matt McGinn has revealed in his new book that Gwyneth Paltrow was surprised by how apologetic English men were when she first started dating the band's singer Chris Martin.

Gwyneth Paltrow thinks English men are too apologetic.

Coldplay roadie Matt McGinn has revealed the 38-year-old actress - who is married to the band's frontman Chris Martin - was surprised when he said sorry to her after making a joke about her then-boyfriend.

In an extract from his new book 'Roadie: My Life on the Road with Coldplay', he revealed: "Gwyneth asked me, 'Are you the Matt that plays guitar on 'Yellow'? Wow, I thought. A proper actress has heard of me. 'Yeah, that's right'. 'Well, it sounds great!' Bless her. I was lost for a moment, so - for better or worse - I decided to act cocky, since the only alternative would have been to go bright red.

Obviously, when I got home and saw my pals again for a pint, one of the first things they asked was, 'Well then, did you meet Gwyneth? What's she like? Yeah I did

"It was a big gamble, but I went with, 'Cheers. So, do you think I play it better than your boyfriend?' It hit the spot; she laughed. "Afterwards I felt a bit guilty for throwing a nice compliment back in her face, and said sorry a few days later; but she brushed it off and asked, 'Why are English guys always apologising?' "

Matt has nothing but praise for Gwyneth - who now has two children, Apple, six, and Moses, four, with Chris - and says the Oscar-winning star is "just a normal girl".

He added: "Obviously, when I got home and saw my pals again for a pint, one of the first things they asked was, 'Well then, did you meet Gwyneth? What's she like? Yeah I did. And she's great. She's just a normal girl, really. Well, except for the rock star husband."

Buy Gwyneth Paltrow DVDs
  • Duets [DVD] [2000]

    �12.99

  • Emma [DVD] [1996]

    �14.99

  • Shakespeare In Love [DVD] [1999]

    �17.99

  • Sliding Doors [DVD] [1998]

    �15.99

Daniella Alonso Michelle Malkin Sara Spraker Joanne Montanez Minka Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment