Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pink's Sweet Message to Her "Perfect" Unborn Baby

Pink's Sweet Message to Her "Perfect" Unborn Baby

Pink isn't a mama quite yet, but the pop star is already spending a lot of time thinking about the values she wants to pass onto her child. On her blog, Pink, 31, talks about how being pregnant shaped her new song and video, a ballad about self-acceptance called "F***in' Perfect." In the video, a young woman (played by Napoleon Dynamite's Tina Majorino) remembers being bullied throughout her child and teen years, and how she reacted by starving and cutting herself. The woman in the video manages to save her own life by channeling her feelings into art, and learning to accept herself rather than fitting in. At the end of the emotionally charged music video, we see the heroine tucking a little girl into bed.

"Making this video was a very emotional experience for me, as was writing this song," Pink writes. "I have a life inside of me, and I want her or him to know that I will accept him or her with open and loving and welcoming arms. And though I will prepare this little munchkin for a sometimes cruel world, I will also equip this kid to see all the beauty in it as well."

Pink adds that her fans have taught her how to accept herself and others with an open heart. "There are good people in this world that are open-minded, and loving," she writes. "There are those that accept us with all of our flaws. I do that with my fans/friends, and I will do that with my child, whoever they decide to be."

Pink, whose songs have always had a strong message about female empowerment, writes that she hopes this song encourages depressed young people to hang in there and get the help they need.

"Cutting, and suicide, two very different symptoms of the same problem, are gaining on us. (the problem being; alienation and depression. the symptoms; cutting and suicide). I personally don't know a single person who doesn't know at least two of these victims personally," she writes. "It's a problem, and it's something we should talk about… I support the kids out there that feel so desperate/numb/powerless, that feel unseen and unheard, and can't see another way.. I want them to know I'm aware. I have been there. I see them. Sometimes that's all it takes."

"F***in Perfect" has a message reminiscent of the Christina Aguilera song "Beautiful"; it contains lines like, "Change the voices in your head/ Make them like you instead." It's a powerful message, especially when the pressure on kids to be "prefect" is more intense than ever. Watch the video below (warning: language).



Pink's new song appears on her Greatest Hit… So FAr!! album. Her baby with husband Carey Hart is due in the early summer.

Do you think Pink will be a good mom? Chime in below!

 

Heidi Klum Shanna Moakler Lisa Marie Brittany Lee Mena Suvari

No comments:

Post a Comment