Monday, June 20, 2011

Crystal Harris: Vegas Pool Party Instead of Marrying Hugh Hefner

Crystal Harris: Vegas Pool Party Instead of Marrying Hugh Hefner | Crystal Harris

Crystal Harris

Don MacCarthy/London Ent/Splash News Online

With music playing overhead and cameras flashing, Crystal Harris donned a dress as people clamored to greet her.

The dress, however, was a brown animal print by Beach Bunny, rather than the pink Romona Cabeza wedding dress she had initially planned to wear.

And the scene was that of hard bodies, sun-kissed skin and boozing patrons rather than sprawling estate that is the famed Playboy Mansion.

Saturday was supposed to be Harris's wedding day. But instead, she spent it at Las Vegas's Wet Republic, embracing the single life and waving at fans.

"I'm doing okay," she says. "I just had to get away. Today is the day and I just had to get away. I'm going back tonight so I just wanted to get away for the day."

With a small group surrounding her, the 25-year-old woman labeled as a "runaway bride" in the newest issue of Playboy seemed at peace in her VIP cabana, saying that she made the right decision to call off the wedding to 85-year-old Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.

"I just knew when it was getting close it wasn't fair to (Hefner) and wasn't fair to go through with it. I wanted to be true to myself and be true to what was best for everybody," she says. "I love (Hefner). He is the sweetest person I've ever met in my entire life and I'll always love him and he'll always be a dear friend and I'll always visit him all the time."

The decision to call off the nuptials, she says, wasn't easy and it didn't have anything to do with her rumored romance with Dr. Phil son, Jordan McGraw.

"Jordan is one of my really good friends. We've been working on music for a year and he will continue to be my good friend and I really need my good friends right now," she says, when asked of her relationship with McGraw, who is her music producer.

Hefner, she says, is doing fine and they speak everyday. He also speaks to a lot of other women, and that was a problem.

"It doesn't make sense to have so many women around but still have a marriage," Harris says. "It doesn't make sense, so it was the right thing. I wasn't the only woman in Hef's life and it wasn't going to stay that way after the marriage."

Harris is planning on seeing her jilted groom on Monday when she goes to the mansion to give back a few mementos, including her ring.

"I just want to move forward," she says.

'); var targetVideoWidth = 466; brightcove.createExperiences(); /* iPhone, iPad, iPod */ if ((navigator.userAgent.match('iPhone')) || (navigator.userAgent.match('iPad')) || (navigator.userAgent.match('iPod')) || (location.search.indexOf('ipad=true') > -1)) { document.write('

Source: http://feeds.people.com/~r/people/headlines/~3/eD_UuWhtMhs/0,,20503801,00.html

Kristy Swanson Naomi Watts Chandra West Dania Ramirez Amber Arbucci

No comments:

Post a Comment