Friday, March 25, 2011

Back on? Courteney Cox, David Arquette spotted holding hands

David Arquette and Courteney Cox have been married since June 1999.

Merritt/Getty

David Arquette and Courteney Cox have been married since June 1999.

Courteney Cox and David Arquette haven't been shy about still having feelings for each other. And by the looks of the estranged couple's recent behavior, a reconciliation may be sooner than expected.

The two appeared affectionate with each other, often stealing glances and sharing laughs, during a press conference Wednesday to promote their upcoming film "Scream 4" at the Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood, according to UsMagazine.com.

Arquette, 39, and Cox, 46, who first met on the 1996 set of the first "Scream" movie, seemed even more comfortable while in the hotel hallway, where an Us Weekly spy spotted the two holding hands alongside their 6-year-old daughter, Coco.

During the press event, both actors reflected on the close bonds that were made during filming of the horror flick.

"There's a real family feeling," Arquette said. "Especially with Courteney being married and having a kid, it just brings an honesty, and that is really my favorite part of acting."

PHOTOS: CELEBRITIES WHO FIND LOVE ON SET

Cox got a little more personal during a one-on-one sitdown with "Entertainment Tonight," explaining that working with her estranged husband was never an issue.

"It was very easy; we really respect each other and we help each other," Cox said. "I mean, I respect his opinion so much that I'm always asking him, 'What do you think?' I think it's very easy to work with him."

As for how well they work together off-camera, the actress explained: "We're separated, we're working on ourselves and our relationship and sort of figuring out what we want. You know, life's complicated and people go through changes."

The pair have been through some very public changes since announcing their separation last June. Arquette admitted to having slept with another woman after he and Cox split, and he fell into a destructive pattern of excessive partying that resulted in a rehab stint.

STARS WHO GIVE LOVE A SECOND CHANCE

Nonetheless, Cox seemed to have hope at a possible reconciliation when she spoke in the April issue of Harper's Bazaar.

"We loved each other so much, and if anything I feel like we've been extremely successful at marriage. If it doesn't work out, I will have huge waves of pain about failing in that department," she told the magazine. "But right now I don't have that because I don't know what the future holds and I guess because I have strong feelings for him."

As for Arquette, the actor hasn't been shy about his desire to fix his marriage.

"I love Courteney," he said on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" last month. "I'd love for it to work out. I know that I'll be with her for my whole life. We have an amazing family together, and we're really great parents together."

Drew Barrymore Brody Dalle Carla Campbell Angelina Jolie Amanda Bynes

No comments:

Post a Comment