Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lady Gaga given Judy Garland's shoes

29 March 2011

Rate this article

Lady Gaga has revealed receiving a pair of Judy Garland's original ruby red slippers from 'The Wizard of Oz' movie for her 25th birthday yesterday (28.03.11) was extra special because she once lost ou

Lady Gaga received Judy Garland's original ruby red slippers from 'The Wizard of Oz' movie for her 25th birthday yesterday (28.03.11).

The 'Born This Way' singer revealed the present meant so much to her because she lost out to playing the role of Dorothy to a high school bully when she was younger and the generous gift showed her how far she had come since then.

She explained: "Little did they know that I have a real background with these shoes.

"I will never forget it because I wanted to be Dorothy so bad. I was in 8th grade and she was a senior. I definitely deserved to get it, but I didn't get it. I remember she would speak in the dressing room while she was getting ready, I was one of the people in the chorus, the worst role.

On behalf of myself and all of those bullied around the world, now these f**king ruby slippers are mine.

"She used to pour Coca Cola on her shoes to keep her from slipping on stage. She would pour Coca Cola on her shoes and look at me and say...'Just in case I slip.'

"On behalf of myself and all of those bullied around the world, now these f**king ruby slippers are mine."

Although Gaga celebrated her birthday with a party for close friends and family in Los Angeles yesterday, she also took to the stage for a concert at the Staples Centre where she shared the story of her emotional birthday present with fans.

She told them: "When you don't feel like Dorothy today, maybe you feel like someone on the chorus or the Scarecrow or maybe you feel like the Tin Man or the Wicked Witch - -just know you will have opportunities in your real life to change things and maybe someone, somebody will hand you a pair of ruby slippers."

Lady Gaga's other birthday presents included a custom-made sex doll and diamonds.

Buy Lady GaGa Music
  • Cherrytree Sessions

    �10.99

  • Alejandro

    �4.99

  • I Love Karaoke - Party - 4 CD+G Box Set

    �10.99

  • The Remix

    �12.99

Buy Judy Garland Music
  • Lost Tracks 1929-1959

    �19.99

  • 100 Hits Legends - Judy Garland

    �10.99

  • Live at the London Palladium (New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo)

    �15.99

  • Over The Rainbow

    �16.99

Emma Watson Mía Maestro Jennifer Gareis Georgianna Robertson Paige Butcher

No comments:

Post a Comment